Mississauga Etobicoke Toronto Harp Teacher
Harp and Piano Lessons with Joanna Jordan – Have Fun Learning, Performing Music
What should a teacher do? I once discovered that a teacher is one who inspires. A good teacher helps develop and enrich every student, no matter what ability they arrive with initially. I believe that every person has an unlimited capability to learn music. My purpose in teaching is to bring out the areas that are strong and to find ways to develop the areas that are challenges.
Some accomplishments of my students include; acceptance at the Etobicoke School of the Arts for a student that had been playing the harp for less than a year, a student of two years playing a Harp Concerto with the school orchestra, an adult student performing in concert after only three lessons and a nine year old student performing in concert after only four months of taking harp lessons with me.
Here is a photo of our last Harp Circle:
What is the value of learning music?
- Develop Confidence
- Create Good Habits that will influence other areas of your life
- Develop better motor skills(Improved coordination & the ability to multi-task)
- Enrich your ability to appreciate music
- At first it is a challenge to learn some new skills, but eventually it is so relaxing and refreshing to the soul to play music for yourself and others too!!!
Classical * Jazz * Rock * Blues * Folk * Pop * Hip-Hop * R & B * Country * Bluegrass
PIANO or KEYBOARD
Other skills I teach in private lessons to support learning and performing music:
- EAR TRAINING / THEORY
- HOW TO PLAY A CHORD CHART
- COMPOSE and ARRANGE MUSIC
- TRANSCRIBE MUSIC
- PLAY BY EAR
- PREPARE REPERTOIRE TO MINIMIZE STAGE- FRIGHT
- PREPARE A REPERTOIRE FOR ATTAINING JOBS
- MARKET AND SELL YOURSELF
- DEVELOP A WEBSITE
- LEARN MUSIC SOFTWARE ON MAC OR PC COMPUTERS
- HOW TO PLAY MUSIC ON THE IPAD
Lessons are available near Toronto, located next to the South Etobicoke border in Mississauga and also via Skype.
I look forward to the possibility of teaching you!
BMus, Classical Music: University of Toronto,
BMus Honours, Jazz performance, arranging & composition: Humber College,
Level 6+ :Second City, Concert Artist for the American Harp Society 1998-2000