Joanna staying longer and you paying less
Because of my experience performing at many events, I have discovered the need to offer some flexibility with the hours that people book me. For example events that include Cocktails and Dinner are at least three hours long, Most of the time guests arrive fashionably late and the event lasts longer than originally planned for all kinds of reasons.
Good reasons to consider a Stretch the Time package:
- if your event has lots of speeches, presentations, or
- if you don’t need live music for the entire event time, or
- If you’ve already booked a DJ and you would like Joanna to play during dinner or
- there is a chance that your Event might run later than planned (this happens at most events)
Why do you need this?
- this package gives you Live Music when you need it, not just by the hour
- you’d like some prerecorded music at the beginning or at the end of an event instead of having Joanna setting up or packing up and leave while the guests are still there
- you require Joanna to be set up more than 15 minutes before the start time on her contract
How does this work?
- a 2 hour Live Music booking consists of two 45 minute sets with short breaks each hour. A Stretch the Time 3 hour package gives you the same amount of Live Music as a 2 hour event spread out over 3 hours.
- A 4 hour Stretch the Time package gives you three 45 minute sets spread out over 4 hours.
- The Live Music sets will naturally follow your agenda instead of being rigid 45 minute sets
- If there are only a few guests (or sometimes none!!!) at the start time that you booked me, I will provide prerecorded music until more guests arrive so that I wont need to take a break just when most guests have arrived.
The reason I offer a special rate for these packages is because I usually have more breaks during an event that has opening remarks, presentations, speeches etc and instead of leaving in the middle of a dinner when my two or three hours is up, this Stretches my time so that I can offer you Live Music until the end of the Main Course, which is one of the nicest times to have me.
Quite often people hire me to play for Cocktails. From experience I have found that playing more upbeat Contemporary Pop, Jazz and some Rock tunes works nicely for Cocktails as this music is more groove oriented music, Some songs that people love that I play for Cocktails are Viva La Vida and Clocks by Coldplay, Pumped up Kicks, Hotline Bling, Frank Sinatra, Michaell Buble, Pompeii by Bastille, Sugar. Moves Like Jagger, Maroon V, Don’t You Worry Child, Swedish Mafia, Can’t Feel My Face, The Weekend, etc.,
Dinner is also a wonderful time to have my live music as it will make your event feel warmer than prerecorded music and my mid-range instrumental music is more conducive for people to be able to hear one another at the table. Some songs that people rave about at the events where I perform work better during dinner than cocktails – for example, my versions of Hallellujah, Hello (Adelle), Time to Say Goodbye, Marry Me, Train, Riders on the Storm, Stairway to Heaven ( I play a killer guitar solo) , Wonderwall, Blackbird, Thinking Out Loud, Earned It, The Weekend, All of Me, Stay with Me, I’m Not the Only One, A Thousand Years, the Beatles and lots more.
For events that would like to continue with prerecorded past the Live Music hour, I can offer you background music or even a bit of Dance music.
Or if you have not hired a DJ, please check out our DJnLIVE (DJ with Live Music) – our best package that gives you lots of extra time with Joanna: